Design Your Wedding With a Critical Eye
Appearances matter – at least when it comes to your wedding photos. As a small wedding designer and planner working across the Bellevue and Snohomish, WA region, I always tell my bridal clients to keep in mind that just because something looks beautiful in person doesn’t mean it will look equally good in photographs. Certain things don’t always translate well into photography. So, what can you do?
- If something looks “messy” in person, it will look twice as messy in a photograph! As an example, realtors often advise homeowners to take pictures of rooms when thinking about how to declutter or stage a home for sale. Why? Because the camera is unforgiving. What looks cozy and “homey” to you will probably appear cluttered and messy in a photo.
- When thinking of a wedding design, try to imagine it through the camera’s lens.
- Barn-style and vintage-themed weddings are a popular look these days. Those can be charming and pretty weddings. However, a vintage look is one thing; old and derelict is another and rustic isn’t always charming.
- It’s important to coordinate the look you want for your wedding in a manner that translates into the feel you want. Again, that’s where I come in as a wedding specialist and can help guide you.
- A good rule of thumb is to look at pictures. Try to find the look you want. If it conveys well in a photograph you’re looking at, then you know it will work for you as well.
Cheers Wedding Planning & Design is a boutique planning company in Western Washington specializing romantic elopements and beautiful pop-up weddings. We work all over Washington and beyond to create exceptional weddings for our couples.
For more information about Cheers Wedding Planning & Design please call 425-522-3135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also sign up for our bi-weekly newsletter full of planning tips, wedding inspiration and Cheers news by clicking here.